- The Inquiry has commenced its work and has established links with some of those most affected by the very serious problems in the cervical screening programme.
- Contact has been established with key individuals in the main organisations involved in establishing and running the screening programme.
- A work plan has been developed to address the themes arising from the terms of reference and a small number of professional experts engaged to assist in review of specialised areas.
- A progress report and a first report in relation to the Inquiry have been published:
- An implementation progress report (pdf) has been published.
The Inquiry is committed, if at all possible, to meet the reporting dates given in the terms of reference, and also to address all of the terms of reference. The work plan will be revisited during the progress of enquiry as information is required and analysed.